just joking

This was such an interesting meeting. The presenter talks about the different ways to present things: article, ted talk, poem, movie, ect. We learned about classical learning, and historic events like that Cicero created a movie world. The presenter made a good point that puns are clever but not funny. A pun can outrage people because it can make people feel dumb. I have even struggled with understanding puns and felt unfulfilled afterward.

The presenter spoke on how you have to master delivery. The hardest part is how you hold your face. It also depends on who you are and your place in society. For example, Pollack cant make a joke and then cross her eyes like a clown. Thomas asked about dad jokes lool. I absolutely love dad-joke humor. In-jokes you have to think about your goal. What is the best possible outcome of telling a joke?  And then consider: Are you in the spotlight voluntary or are you thrust in the spotlight and trying to get out.

One thought on “just joking

1. This sounded like an interesting event! It’s interesting to see that someone can “learn” to be funny, but as you mentioned, it seems jokes are often well structured in order to perfect and achieve a successful delivery. I will definitely keep these tips in mind if I ever want to land a joke!