Calligraphy part 2

Despite having attended the first calligraphy workshop and having some prior experience, I found it harder for my to produce calligraphy letters during this workshop. I believe that this is due to the fact that I was using an entirely different pen. During the first part of the workshop, I used the pen that was more firm and did not bend much to pressure (I’m not sure what it is called). During the second part of the workshop, I used the softer pen that is more brush-like. Despite me having previously believing that using a softer pen would serve to my advantage, I found that it was harder to maintain neat penmanship while using a softer pen. As a result, my letters came out looking more messy. Halfway through the workshop I switched to the firmer pen. This made me realize how unappreciative I was during the first part of the workshop because I didn’t think that my pen was the best for me. I do believe that I can master calligraphy with both styles of pen because I was able to do so with at least one. Because of this, this workshop has taught me to be patient with myself.