Royal Life

I enjoyed attending the table talk discussion about Meghan and Harry. We had a fun conversation, talking about the recent interview of Meghan and Harry by Oprah. Many new perspectives that I had not considered before were brought up, such as the impact of the interview on the royal family, and whether Meghan and Harry had talked about this at all with the family beforehand. It was also interesting to learn more about British Royal life and its complex history. Often, the Royal family is seen as an organization, however, it is important to remember that its members are people just like everyone else. Do they have a responsibility to uphold moral standards and portray themselves to the public? How much privacy do they have and should they have? These are interesting questions that we discussed, and it really shined a new light on the complications of being an individual in the spotlight.

One thought on “Royal Life

1. The British Royal life has a lot of history, that I feel like I’ve learned a lot about indirectly from friends and from media. I wish I’d been able to attend this event; it looks very cool! I’m sure there is a lot of nuance and complexity that I’m completely missing as an outsider, who hasn’t engaged with the topic directly.