A walk through Cornell’s Botanical Gardens

For this week, I signed up for a walk through Cornell’s gardens. I ran into some friends from Rose House, and was glad to walk with them across campus into the gardens! From there, we looped around, and saw the gorgeous plant life that was beginning to emerge from the snow.

My favorite part of this walk was seeing my friends, and walking with them through the nature. We were able to see a part of Cornell that we wouldn’t have encountered otherwise, because it’s so out of the way of all our classes. I learned a lot from my friend about New York’s landscapes, which was new to me, having come from California. We don’t have snow where I’m from, so I was really eager to hear how the environment deals with harsh conditions that occur cyclically. An added benefit was seeing these plants and animals in person, over the course of the walk.

2 thoughts on “A walk through Cornell’s Botanical Gardens

1. I feel like the long walk really made me appreciate the beauty of campus more than I had before. Usually it’s just rushing from class to class but taking the time to just look at the surrounding nature was a really nice change of pace.

2. I had also just got the opportunity to walk around the Botanical Gardens for the first time this year and was also really impressed by the variety of beautiful spots that are truly hidden gems within our campus!