Gift of Nature

Mr. Bittner talks about the significance of land and the natural world. I found it interesting to learn about his childhood and the lack of natural land. Since I live in the suburbs next to a small lake surrounded by trees, I have never really felt the long absence of nature. Nature has always been a part of my life, so I have definitely neglected its importance. After this talk, I reflecting and am planning on scheduling more time to spend outside whether to do work or take a walk. It was interesting to learn that the pandemic increased visitation and support for natural land. I hope that this increase remains constant as the people become vaccinated. In addition, it was interesting to learn more about the botanic gardens. I have always heard about botanic gardens, but I never did further research into them and visited it. I was surprised to learn about all the activities that the botamic gardens offer. Next semester, I am definitely making it a goal to visit the botanic garden and maybe even participate in the lecture series that they offer. As a whole, the podcast provided a lot of helpful information on how to interact more ith nature in Ithaca and reemphasized the importance of spending some time outside.

One thought on “Gift of Nature

1. I grew up in cities and definitely came here to escape the skyscrapers, cars, and 24 hour buzz. I think there is a primal quality in us that yearns for the natural rhythm and touch, something that delights me day after day in Ithaca and heals without fail.