The Queen’s Gambit: Ep6 & Ep7

The sixth of episode of The Queen’s Gambit was interesting to say the very least. Beth’s addiction keeps getting worse as the show continues and it looks like she has no intention to get help. I also really dislike Mr. Wheatley. The man adopted her, said she can live in the house, and then wants it back?? The audacity. I think Beth settled the problem nicely, but I wish she could have defended herself better.

The seventh episode was spectacular. We get to see a glimpse of Beth’s past and see how her past is feeding her addiction. Beth is able to break free from her demons and quit her addiction. We also see her going back to the orphanage, which is a touching tribute to the beginning of the season. I really liked that Beth was able to reconnect with Jolene. It’s what I wanted to see when Beth got adopted. I hope we get to see more of Jolene and Beth in the future (if Netflix continues the series). In Moscow, she finally defeats Borgov (which is huge for America). However, I really liked how Borgov treated Beth. Both players were orphans who struggled with addiction. When Beth defeated Borgov, he was happy that she was able to be her best and leave all her demons behind. This was a great series, and I highly recommend it to everyone!