Guiding Dogs for the Blind

After watching the Friday film of “Pick of the Litter” on Netflix, I have never really known how strict it was for a dog to become a guide dog for the blind. First, the dogs have to pass through different phases of a test to see if they are capable of becoming one, so they would have to graduate from a previous stage in order to move on in the process. It was quite heartbreaking to witness the guide dog candidates leave the sides of the people who have been raising them for many years, but it was eventually overlooked by the fact that they will be moving on to a greater cause. Much sympathy was given when I was hearing the stories of blind people and how they manage to get around, but by the end of the film I was almost left in tears by how cheerful one of the blind people within the program was to receive a guide dog. Overall it was a very engaging and heartwarming experience and I would highly recommend adding this documentary to your list of films to watch.

One thought on “Guiding Dogs for the Blind

1. It was really difficult listening to the blind people describe their struggles. I hope there can be a better process for training guide dogs and assigning them. I agree this is a documentary that everyone should watch.