Learning About Pruitt-Igoe

Going into this film, I had no knowledge of project housing or its implications. I had at most heard of the term in passing, but with no detail attached. Sitting down to watch this film was incredibly eye-opening, interesting, and moving. The film as a whole was an educational experience, and I feel more inclined to learn more about the topic of project housing after seeing this film. I was left feeling curious about what/if any project housing has been successful. But aside from its educational qualities, the film itself was incredibly engaging. I enjoyed hearing the historical context for the situation as a whole, as the trajectory Pruitt-Igoe took made far more sense. It was then the personal interviews that made the overall film moving and more personal. The interviews humanized the overall story, and hearing firsthand about the difficulties these people went through made it feel more tangible. The interviews also made the situation as a whole feel less like a disconnected historical event, but something  more recent.