Queens Gambit 4

I’m not sure if this was just me but this episode seemed to be all over the place in terms of plot, or just that a lot of stuff happened? I think my favorite part was where Beth plays against Georgi because it almost felt like a throwback to the start of the series, where Georgi is in the place Beth once was. I thought her question to him “What will you do after becoming champion?” was interesting because it almost felt like it was directed at herself rather than Georgi. Her loss against Borgov and Alma dying right after was a lot to process, and I felt really bad for Beth and how numb she seemed at the end of the episode. I’m curious as to who’ll end up in her social sphere now that Beth is, for the moment, pretty alone.

One thought on “Queens Gambit 4

1. I couldn’t watch this episode, so I read about it on wikipedia, but it’s interesting to hear analysis and opinion about the episode rather than just reading a synopsis. What I can deduce is this episode may have been a turning point for Beth, especially the loss against Borgov and Alma’s death, and she started relying on more and different forms of substance abuse.