Relaxing Through Yoga

I had the opportunity to attend a Yoga session on this Saturday. I have always wanted to try yoga, seeing other people enjoying the relaxation and inner peace it brings them. I thought it would be a nice break and relaxation from the hustle and bustle of being a student at Cornell. The Yoga certainly helped me relax and just take a much needed break. We did different stretches and poses including the downward dog. As someone who usually enjoys higher intensity workouts, yoga was a pleasant surprise. We focused on our breathing as we held different stances, instead of constantly moving. I think it’s very important to take some time out of our busy schedules to relax and take a break and yoga definitely helped me achieve that. Our instructor was also very knowledgeable and helped us correct our stances and taught us the correct form. After this class, I am definitely open to doing yoga more often as a way to loosen up and destress.

One thought on “Relaxing Through Yoga

1. I also find much benefit in yoga, especially when dealing with stress. Just like you, I think it is very important, yet very difficult, to find the time to step back from all the craziness of college life and to simply relax. The great thing about yoga, however, is that it is quick, relaxing, and a good workout, which all help me out when dealing with stress. I first tried yoga a few years ago, and ever since, I have benefited greatly by its rigor and relaxing qualities. For instance, I am not a very flexible person, but after participating in yoga classes, I have increased my range of motion greatly. Also, just like you mentioned, yoga has allowed me to find my inner peace when dealing with stressful situations, as it has increased my focus and has put my mind at ease from the craziness of the world around me. Personally, I would like to take more yoga classes so that I can continue to increase my mental and physical wellbeing.