Redesigning Ithaca

At this past weeks Rose Cafe we had Noah Demarest, a practicing landscape architect in Ithaca, show us the many projects going on in Ithaca that he was working on. Noah founded his company, STREAM Collaborative, some years back and has grown it into a primary architecture and landscape architecture firm in Ithaca. The passion with which he spoke about architecture was very inspiring and made the presentation very interesting.

Coming from a large city like Miami, where one often sees more development than anything else, I was surprised to see the large amount of projects that just Noah’s firm was undertaking at the moment. The growth that Ithaca is undergoing at the moment in terms of developments is very surprising. I believe Noah’s firm was currently working on five large scale residence projects, the majority of which were in Collegetown. It was cool to learn about the design process and the different laws in Ithaca and NY State that sometimes make the project harder to complete. I really liked how Noah showed a great interest in sustainable development in his thinking and designs, I have always appreciated how conscientious the Ithaca community is about the environment and their effect on it. All in all, I was greatly enjoyed the presentation and time Noah shared with us and I look forward to seeing his completed projects.