Ice Skating

As a fun end of the semester activity we were able to go ice skating at Lynah Rink. This destresser, gave us a fun way to enjoy spending quality time with friends while participating in a fun activity. Since I hadn’t gone ice skating for a long time, it took a few tries for me to get into the rhythm of things. yet, after those first few “close call falls”, I was able to find myself enjoying the satisfying gliding sensation that I had enjoyed so many years ago. Overall, I would highly recommend this worthwhile activity for anyone looking for a good time filled with laughs.

6 thoughts on “Ice Skating

1. This event sounds like it was really fun! I wish I had been able to go. Also, I know exactly what you mean by the “close call falls”, except mine tend to be actual falls.

2. I love Ice Skating and am a bit annoyed I was not able to attend. In a way, I find it very similar to riding a bike. At first, I am a bit nervous, but it comes back to me very fast. Hopefully there will be a similar activity next semester.

3. I actually went ice skating last night as well, although I did not go with Rose House. I found itt o be very refreshing and relaxing right before finals. It was a little nerve racking to get the hang of ice skating after not doing it for so many years, but it was definitely one of the more enjoyable activities I’ve participated in this semester.

4. Wish I had been there. I’ve been figure skating for about 5 years now and it’s been the greatest passion in my life. It is the most elegant sport and more importantly, it taught me about diligence. After crashing into the ice so many times after Toe Loop jumps, I changed from a thinly built girl to competitive superwoman with strength, grit and confidence.

5. I have not gone ice skating in years, and would love the opportunity to go again. I used to dabble in figure skating when I was younger, and I loved the feeling of being so in control of yourself yet at the same time not. I imagine that ice skating would give me a similar feeling of bliss.

6. I wish I was a better ice skater. I broke my leg ice skating once so I try to stay away. I am really glad that you enjoyed it and that it helped to destress in these stressful times.