Yoga, a Perfect Way to Start the Day

With prelims on my mind and accounting homework due by midnight, I chose to start my Saturday morning doing Vinyasa yoga with Meagan.  During this one-hour session, Meaghan taught us how to ignore all the stresses we’re facing and focus only on ourselves. From the warrior position to the mountain stance, I learned the steps of Vinyasa yoga.  I think it was especially helpful that I started my day off with this mental exercise.  On a usual day, I hop out of my bed, get ready for class, and start the day with a cup of coffee.  On Saturday, Vinyasa yoga gave me the rush of energy that my cup of coffee usually gives me.

At Cornell, academics and internship recruitment sometimes take a toll on our mental health.  I believe that Vinyasa yoga should be a way students can distance themselves from the stress of the semester.  While the gym strengthens our physical health, yoga is an activity that maintains our mental health.  Considering this, I believe activities like Vinyasa yoga should be practiced more often by students at Cornell.  I appreciate Meagan taking the time to walk around and critique each of our forms so that we made the most of this session.  I truly enjoyed the experience and would highly consider doing it again in the future.

One thought on “Yoga, a Perfect Way to Start the Day

1. Vinyasa yoga sounds like a really relaxing way to destress! Maybe I should replace my daily cup of coffee with a quick yoga session!