A Relaxing Time

I really enjoyed the massage event this past week! I was a bit hesitant at first to sign up but I am so glad I did. This event made me realized it is not necessarily how much time you spend taking a break but how you spend your time during your break. Usually, I take a break from work by watching a video online or scrolling through my social media for a while. I also end up doing this for much longer than 10 minutes. But this 10 minute massage session was much more effective in helping me relax. I think it is interesting how much I enjoy planning things out as to make sure my time is effectively used, but when it comes to taking a break, I ignore all of this. There are many activities that are a better use of my “break time” than going on my computer and this massage session was a reminder of that.

After the massage, I felt motivated again to be productive for the rest of my day. It was kind of like the feeling you get when you wake up after being well-rested. As students, there are often times when we feel stressed out and I think that it is important to take some time for yourself especially in these moments. Finding the right ways to relax is crucial and it is always fun to try out new activities!