Self Awareness

I was very psyched for the opportunity to attend such a conveniently scheduled yoga class with a very qualified instructor, hosted by Rose House. With the constant stress we have trying to manage our course load, I think it is fair to say that we have a tendency to disregard our physical, mental, and spiritual health. Attending this class, and hopefully those hosted in the future, is what I consider a step in the right direction in addressing this issue.

In my sporadic and irregular yoga practices, I have still found that the sometimes physically challenging poses we try to maintain during yoga practice can lure my mind away from other stressors in my day-to-day life. It’s really difficult to stress about the next assignment deadline when you are simply trying not to fall in front of everyone, or maintain composure if you just so happen to do so. Being able to detach from school for that short period of time allowed me to go about my day with a more positive attitude and definitely a better mood.

Rather than focusing on the next exam or next project deadline, I was able to focus on the benefits of taking care of myself.

One thought on “Self Awareness

1. This sounds really great! Sometime, unfortunately as with most students, we are so worried about assignments we forgot to take care of ourselves. This sounds like a great experience. There should definitely be some emphasis on taking care of ourselves and just being able to center ourselves instead constantly worrying about deadlines and exams.