Rose Dining Hall Food

During the Rose Café on Wednesday, Chef Hans came and talked about the food that he makes in the Rose Dining Hall. He discussed how he uses fresh ingredients in the food in Rose. Also, instead of using pre-cut vegetables, the vegetables are cut in house. The fresh ingredients used make each meal really good. He talked about how he changes the menu depending on if people are liking certain things or not and if the person making the food is too stressed. He also touched on experimenting with foods during house dinner, which is always delicious. I never really thought about how much work goes into cooking each meal, and the amount of thought and preparation there is to them.  I really appreciate everyone who works in the dining halls. I will make sure that every time I go to any one of them I will say thank you to the people who work there.

One thought on “Rose Dining Hall Food

1. As a super fan of delicious food and Rose dining hall, I totally agree that preparing for great food really needs much more than cooking: It involves much thinking, appreciation, love and passion. Though I did not attend this Rose talk due to a prelim, I can see from the fabulous food Chef Hans that he really loves culinary and regards it as an inseparable part of his life. I feel that we are so lucky in Cornell, which has definitely one of the best dining hall systems in US universities!