Dating or Distracting?

From our talk on relationships in one of the Rose conference rooms I learned that many people at Cornell feel that they may not have the time to devote to a new relationship. With schoolwork and clubs and jobs, students feel that it can be too much to balance. However, I believe that people will make time for what matters most to them. Those who have time for a relationship see it as an important part of both the college experience and life in general. While it is crucial that all students work hard and study effectively, it is also important to explore the social aspects of life. A relationship is only distracting if it is not one of your top priorities. In my opinion, college is a time to figure out yourself and what you want in life. At Cornell there are thousands of students, and while everyone’s studies are the top priority, it is a great chance to branch out and explore. I do not personally believe that a relationship will seriously distract from your studies as long as you are able to keep a balance in your life. In the long run, I would rather take chances and see where things lead than hold back.