Saturday At the Farmers Market

I’m from New York City which means I will jump at any chance to do something new and “non-city-like”. The Ithaca Farmer’s Market was the perfect opportunity to do so. I along with my peers walked through west campus down to the farmer’s market. Before we left we learned a bit about the history of this market. I found it fascinating that it was voted #2 for best farmer’s market in New York State.

I had always seen pictures of people here and always kept a mental note to go there one day. Now that I finally did, I think it’s safe to say the market exceeded my expectations. I was truly impressed by the variety of diverse foods and items. The market had fresh fruits and produce, tasty foods, plants, artwork, and my favorite… plants! Of course I didn’t leave with empty hands, I picked up some fresh fruit and juice, and two new plants for my room.

Besides the wide selection of food and produce, I also appreciated the atmosphere of the market. Locals and students came here to have a nice afternoon by the water enjoying delicious and fresh food, and picking up new finds. Local farmers and vendors also form a small community here sharing the product of their hard-work and skill. Although it was a fairly chilly day, the market still had a cozy feel nevertheless. It was definitely a well-spent Saturday afternoon at the market and I’ll certainly be going back very soon.

One thought on “Saturday At the Farmers Market

1. That’s so cool you got to spend Saturday at the farmer’s market! I’ve been wanting to go (maybe next fall) and I’m glad to hear that you had such a great time. Also, the fact that it is #2 is something I didn’t know before.