A Sweet Adventure

Around for almost 45 years, Ithaca’s Farmers Market has made for a wonderful place to have brunch, or just stop by and discover local treats. A fairly busy place, it was easy to see why so many people came to experience it. There were many places with fresh food cooked in front of you. Such as the oven baked pizzas – yes, they brought a stone oven – and the crepes, which I had and they were amazing. There were vendors selling breads, cheeses, soaps, and maple and honey products. The honey vendor that I went to had multiple types of honey you could try; I tried Wildflower and Strawberry, both of which were delicious. I could even make out the undertones, the flavors matching the type of the honey. I also saw a vendor selling colorful yellow and pink mushrooms. With all the vendors, it was easy to get caught up in all the wonderful products; I ended up buying maple candy and a loaf of focaccia bread, which was so good I finished in about 2 hours. Not only was this a fun event, but I got to try a lot of yummy foods and buy a few items to take back and share with friends. I would definitely recommend that you go to the farmers market at least once… although it may not be your last time. I have a pretty good idea where I will be spending my Saturday mornings from now on.