Tumbr’s unique opportunities to increase page rank

Tumblr is a blogging sphere that has unique and plentiful methods of providing endorsements, so I decided to explore these methods and how they affect blog ranking on the web.

What primarily drew my interest to Tumblr as a unique example of online ranking systems was my realization that much of the Tumblr content is “reblogged” and thus unoriginal. While this may at first appear to diminish the ranking of a blog due to unoriginal content, I believe that each of these “reblogs” are an individual endorsement that connects a blog to a community of other similar blogs.

Because of the functionality of Tumblr as a community, the website uses ranking in combination with these reblogs to suggest blogs to follow. As such, the reblogging of previously posted content is essential to blog ranking with media-heavy posts.

Tumblr also uses a more generally used tactic of key words in the form of hash tags that can be attached to each post. These tags streamline the search fore relevance amongst the blog world. The tags allow people outside of a certain community to find the link to a more isolated blog. As such, the hubs have greater accessibility to the authorities throughout the vast use of Tumblr.

https://moz.com/blog/how-to-use-tumblr-for-seo-and-social-media-marketing