CPR: An Essential Skill

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to learn CPR.  Besides the fact that CPR is a good skill to know anyways, I thought it would be a great idea to do it because I am interested in going into the medical field.  I wasn’t sure what to expect, but Cornell EMS did a great job explaining the various situations and the steps we should take to perform CPR when necessary; it was also very cool being able to work with other students while learning the steps.  Even though I was nervous about taking the test at the end, it was very low-stress and I was able to receive CPR certification.  I would definitely recommend that anyone learn CPR if he/she has the chance, because it’s pretty simple but it’s something that everyone should know.

2 thoughts on “CPR: An Essential Skill

1. It seems like an interesting and practical experience, I wish I have time to come on that day!

2. I wish I could’ve gone to this event. Despite my attempts to memorize the steps of CPR in case of emergency, it’s not the same as undergoing professional training and being able to practice those steps in a simulated environment like you experienced. I hope to be able to grab the next chance I have to become certified!