Things you can do in 2 hours

Tonight I watched Citizen Kane and I was not a fan. The film was 2 hours long so instead of going and watching it here is a list of things you can do instead. [Please note that while I was not a fan you may enjoy the movie I just thought it was not a good fit for me.]

Here are 10 things you can do in 2 hours instead of watching Citizen Kane:

1. Take a nap because we are all sleep deprived.
  2. Watch your favorite TV show
  3. Study for that prelim you have coming up
  4. Eat oreos in bed and watch netflix
  5. Go on a run/ workout
  6. Shower because your gonna be sweaty after your workout
  7. Go sit on the slope and stare at the stars
  8. Watch youtube videos of cats/dogs
  9. Do yoga/ meditate
  10. Go to dinner with friends

However if you would like to know things I learned from this movie in the interest of making this a learning experience here you go:

There is a theme of materialism in the film.  So lets talk about materialism. We are so attached to physical objects and we think we need all these things to make us happy. NEW FLASH we don’t. If living in a dorm hasn’t made you realize that I don’t know what will. You feel like you need all of your possessions when I reality think about what you had in your room freshman year that you really thought you needed to bring and thought you absolutely needed only to move out in May having never used it/ worn it/ thought about it. We as a society surround or selves with stuff to make us happy whereas in reality we don’t really need it.

3 thoughts on “Things you can do in 2 hours

1. I rather like your post. I will, however, object to numbers 4 and 6. In respect to the former, eating Oreos in bed will make a mess of where you sleep, and in respect to the latter, you assume that we have time to workout; except for hotelies, that’s unlikely 😛

Oh, and you should categorize your post or you won’t get points for it!

2. Wow I never laughed so much at a Rose Scholars post. I appreciate and respect your truthfulness.

3. I found this post really funny and relatable. If I take a look at all the items that I have brought home from winter break because I didn’t end up using it, it turns out that the number is quite huge. I think that as we go into college, our mentality is to have as many resources that we can use to support us even if we don’t need it. I believe it is more a mental preparation thing than being physically prepared for what we need.