Tips on Hair Care and More

During the Rose Café on Wednesday, Nicholas Carbonaro came to talk to us about how to look our best. He talked about when you are confident in an interview, it will show. He also talked about how everything is connected like when you are stressed, it will show. He also gave individualized tips on what to do with certain hair concerns to people who also attended the café. In the future, I will definitely make sure that I take better care of myself because it is easy to get carried away with prelims and problem sets and forget to take good of myself. I will also try to make sure that I am getting enough sleep and that I am drinking enough water. The next time that I need a hair cut or need tips on how to look good in an interview, I will go to the Julie Stone Salon to see him.

2 thoughts on “Tips on Hair Care and More

1. After reading this, I wish I had a chance to attend this Rose Cafe session. I do not spend a lot of time investing in clothes or hair styles in order to look professional, but now I must consider dressing for success. Sleep deprivation is certainly common on college campuses, but I continue to try my best to get at least 8 hours per night. Additionally, I tend to not drink a lot of water and I notice that I’m one of only a few people that does not carry a water bottle around, so perhaps I should begin.

• This is a great reminder on how to present yourself at interviews. I spend so much time on studying an other activities that build a resume to get to an interview, but then focus less on the interview itself. It’s good to know remember that aside from interview skills you also need to dress for success and remember to look your best! First impressions are key!