Learn to present self in the professional world

The coffee chat this week, we have an amazing stylist Nicholas Carbonaro as the guest, who now is a stylist at Ithaca, to talk with us about learn to present ourselves in the professional world. He has been working in New York city, and his pieces are even in Madame Tussaud’s.

This was a very rewarding and interesting expereince to have hi talk with us because he is so knowledgable about the hair style in the professional settings, and we really need to know this common standard that when we step into the interview or doing an intern, our apearance is the first impression we have on others, no matter we like it or not. It’s so important subconsciously, yet normally when we enter into a career info or advise session, people normally wouldn’t talk about it, and we are expected to know. However, despite we might know what a good looking professional appearance is, we don’t think about the cost and time commitment that comes with it. Stylist Carbonaro told us about to keep a well-done hair style, it takes up to once or twice every two months, to go to the salon, and do the style. This is a very high and expensive commitment that normally, as a college student, we are unable to obtain. Therefore, he introduced to us several hair style that is easy to maintain by ourselves, and gave several individual advises which are super helpful.

He also introduced how to take care of the hair, and the importance of using conditioner. I especially like the advise he gave to us about the simple way to take care of hair, good shampoo and conditioner, and we don’t need all the extra hair product to do the hair. They are too extra, and wouldn’t necessary do the job.

All in all, it was a very nice time, though I think it would be even better if he could give more specific advises for each of us, and I enjoyed it a lot.

One thought on “Learn to present self in the professional world

1. I attend this event too, and it is true that it is an amazing one! I agree with the author that Carbonaro impressed us with his advice about using simple way to take care of hair instead of using expensive products. I also like his advice that never going to a too cheap salon, but also do not go to a too expensive one. I think as a businessman, it is a very precious quality.