Ithaca is more than gorges, it’s priceless

I woke up early on this Saturday expecting a super intense hiking workout. The cascadilla gorge hike was anything but that! It was a leisurely walk through the nearby cascadilla gorge. I particularly enjoyed Todd’s sharing his wealth of knowledge with us; I would not have known anything about the gorge unless he had told me. I was shocked to learn that the gorge had so much history with Cornell and how much it has transformed over the years. Students like me who have never seen the gorge damaged or closed are very fortunate. However, I think I would have enjoyed an actual hike too. Since Ithaca has so many natural areas to explore, I thought that it would be a great opportunity for me to hike. Nonetheless, I loved learning about the gorge from Todd and will be back to visit the gorge again. Maybe instead of calling it a “Gorge Hike”, it should be “Gorge Walk”?

One thought on “Ithaca is more than gorges, it’s priceless

1. I agree that a true hike in the surrounding Ithaca area would be a positive experience. Everyone always talks about the beautiful hiking in Ithaca but unfortunately many students (myself included) never get there in lieu of our many other daily obligations. I personally would not even know where to go to hike if I did find the time so a true hiking trip would be a great opportunity.