Hair Care

I went to the Cafe event last Wednesday where I learned about hair and how to care for your hair.  I know a lot of people think that hair and the way it looks is silly, but that really is not the case.  Dress for success and other organizations that help women look their best are super important because a hair style or a certain piece of clothing can make someone feel better about themselves and give them a confidence boost.  When I was in high school, my hair was unmanageable and looked messy a large percentage of the time, and I was self conscious about it.  I found two or three products (through a lot of experimentation) that I now use regularly that removed my frizz and make my hair look shiny and healthy and it made a huge difference not only with the way I saw the world but with how I felt about myself.  Not only did I feel more professional, but I felt that people would take me more seriously.  As dumb as it may sound, the hair products and makeup products I use regularly help me feel better because this world is so focused on the way we portray ourselves, that I feel more normal if I look more put together.  I enjoyed hearing the advice Nicholas had for us about how to look more professional, and what certain hair products can do for the way we all present ourselves.

One thought on “Hair Care

1. I agreed, I also really like to spend a lot of time on my hair, that I think the appearance is very important as it passes the unspoken message to other people just by me standing their.
    I also like to hear about Nicholas telling about this subject which i am very interested in, though it would be even better if he was more specific about like which face-shape would fit which kind of hair style. I thought that would be very interesting.