Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall

On Wednesday night, we met in Rose Cafe and listened to artist and cosmetologist Nicholas Carbonaro share practical advice on how we can look and feel our best as college students on a budget and crunch for time. I am still awestruck to have met someone who has previously worked for Madame Tussauds. His story inspires me and is a reminder that I can be anyone or do anything in the future as long as I am passionate in my work. It is easy to get caught up over our physical appearances nowadays, especially when social media is at play, but Nick helped put things in perspective by reminding us that as college students, our priorities should be our academics, and that there will be more time further down the road to experiment with our physical appearances.

One thought on “Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall

1. I like Mr. Carbonaro’s message! I very easily forget my priorities and become super obsessed with my appearance. It’s hard to balance glamour and grades and I don’t believe I’ve ever heard anyone address it. I think people dismiss the topic as trivial in comparison to other student concerns but it definitely not.