Fall Feels At Applefest

Applefest was a fun and certainly a tasty experience for me. Being a first-timer, I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. Before heading out to the commons, we learned about the apple economy that is so important here in upstate NY. I was fascinated to learn that Cornell has it’s own patented apples. I may or may not have bragged about this to my friends..

The commons were filled with stands and stands of people selling apple and non-apple products. I’m proud to say that almost all of my purchases were apple related, I definitely got the true applefest experience. I made an entire round through all the streets and stands with my friends first to scout out what exactly we wanted. It was a bit overwhelming with SO many options and new foods and products I have never seen. Just getting through all the stands took longer than expected, but it was well worth it. I bought myself some hot apple cider, apple cider donuts, fresh apples, apple pie, maple popcorn, and the most interesting buy, an apple caramel macaroon. The highlight of the trip was definitely getting fresh apple cider donuts right before they ran out.

Surprisingly I am not tired of eating everything apple, in fact I think applefest gave me a newfound appreciation for apples and all the treats that they make possible. I will definitely be going back to applefest next year and filling my stomach with everything apple!

3 thoughts on “Fall Feels At Applefest

1. I used to live in upstate NY (Rochester, moved to OH for high school), and I can definitely attest to how important orchards are. Picking apples or various other kinds of fruits was probably my family’s most common things to do when we went out. My sister (a med student) still gets the urge to go fruit-picking sometimes, and we’ve all memorized the peak seasons of different fruits. Big part of our lives back then, almost as much as the lilac festival.

2. I used to live in Ohio, near some good apple orchards. I definitely agree that it’s fantastic to see a community rally and celebrate something so simple as an apple. The apple treats are certainly not something one can get nationwide!

3. I also attended the Apple Fest and had a great time enjoying the festivities. In my home state, the University of Minnesota developed the honey crisp apple. I was also surprised to hear about the Cornell patented apples! I hope to also attend Apple Fest next year.