What Is Love?

On Saturday I attended a Rose event that revolved around love and dating. To begin, there was a way larger turnout than I expected. I feel that people, especially students at Cornell, have a hard time talking about subjects like love because there is no correct answer. There was definitely awkward silences when the conversation first started out but after a few jokes were cracked, it started getting more comfortable. We discussed what the dating and hook up culture is like here at Cornell. As a transfer student, I was interested in this topic because it’s not something I had heard anyone talk about yet. Other students were able to explain that most students here feel that there is not enough time for intimate relationships. I can understand this because I have already been able to experience what it means to have a completely packed schedule from the early morning to the late night and it is just the first month here. I can see how having a significant other would be difficult to juggle. However, I think that there needs to be a happy medium between school work and nurturing personal relationships (which I will make sure to keep in mind throughout my team here.)

Overall, I enjoyed this event because we were able to get a couple good laughs in while talking about one of my favorite topics! I hope there is a second installation of this event or a similar topic soon.