Farmers Market on the Water

Last Saturday a group of students and myself met in the Flora Rose lobby to walk a little over a mile to the Ithaca Farmers Market. On the way over we saw off campus houses painted bright colors and kids playing outside. It was awesome to see Ithaca as more than just a college campus! When we got there we took a picture in front of the market before we were set free to roam around by ourselves.

The market was amazing! To be honest I did not expect the market to be as nice as it was. The market is under a covering that is strung with lights, and there is live music being played along the dock. There are a many many vendors selling honey, plants, fruit, jelly, clothes, jewelry and full meals! We went booth to booth looking and purchasing things that appealed to us. We left with full bags and stomachs.

The Ithaca Farmers Market has been around since 1973 and is open every year from April until December along the Cayuga Lake Dock. The covering for the market was built completely by volunteer labor. According to the Farmers Market website, there was also a period of time that the market was held in a Cornell parking lot. Finally, the market is over 40 years old and has been rated #9 on Americas best farmers markets, and I can see why.

Here are a few pictures that I took while there:

One thought on “Farmers Market on the Water

1. I love your pictures! And I also didn’t expect the market to offer as much as it did. I was impressed as well.