A Stroll through the Botanical Gardens

I had a really good time at the tour of the Botanical Gardens last Saturday, despite the very hot weather. I went to the same event last year, but as there was a different tour guide this time, I was interested to hear a new perspective.

One thing that I really like about the plantations is how cognisant Cornell is about the environment and their carbon footprint. For example, the visitors centre is a LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified building, designed to minimise its energy consumption. The gardens themselves are constructed for efficient and optimal watering and drainage.

Aside from the logistics of the gardens, it’s very pleasant just to take a stroll and read about different kinds of trees, flowers, and herbs. I was able to take lots of aesthetic pictures, some of which I’ve shared below.

I had been to Cornell’s botanical gardens and plantations many times, but I feel as though I get a new perspective and new appreciation each time. I’m definitely looking forward to coming back again, especially in the winter to check out their winter garden. I would also recommend a visit to anyone who has not been there before; it might just ‘blossom’ your interest in flowers, photography, and the environment!

One thought on “A Stroll through the Botanical Gardens

1. Wow you got some really pretty pictures!! I didn’t even think of going to the winter garden but now I definitely am for the future haha