This website is under construction, your patience is appreciated as you may find, links taking you to the old Maple website, dead end links or incomplete pages.
Pure maple syrup is a traditional natural product unique to North America. The Cornell Sugar Maple Program exists to improve the production and use of maple products by working with producers, consumers, and others interested in this fascinating local product.This website supports that goal by providing:
Maple syrup production information for the general public, syrup producers (beginner to experienced) and educators. Information on maple Activities (workshops, conferences) and information on Extension/Research projects.
Items of Interest:
The 2017 New York State Maple Producers Winter Conference
Save the date now for the 2017 New York State Maple Producers Winter Conference is set for January 6 and 7. A producer-focused 2017 NYS Maple Conference with practical and hands-on sessions for maple farms to enhance existing and expanding operations.
Mid-Atlantic Maple Camp July 20-23, 2016
Maple Camp will be held in Morgantown, WV this year. Steve Childs and Mike Farrell will be speaking among others.Topics to include:
- Sugar bush measurements – scale stick & evaluate tree quality
- Sugar bush sampling – understanding tally sheets
- Value-added maple sugar and maple cotton
- Maple production basics overview
- Syrup filtering, storing & grading Making maple candy
- Managing the evaporator and RO
- Maple marketing
- Sap processing and energy options
- Planning a tubing system and cost evaluation
- and several others
For more information and registration click here.