Osamu bin Playin

My suitemate, Osamu, has been playing Viola for six years and Violin for nine years. Last week I went to the Cornell Symphony Orchestra concert, and it was infinitely better than the Yale Symphony Orchestra concert I went to over Spring Break!

I was surprised to find out that the musicians don’t have to be at the concert hall until right before the concert starts as my other suitemate, Tom, and I left for Bailey before Osamu did — he was busy with his red bowtie. That being said, O and the other musicians are no slackers. They rehearse several times a week and had to get up at 8am to rehearse until 1:30pm the day of the concert.

One piece that really stuck with me was the first. It had a fantastic and powerful drum interlude towards the end, which awoke everyone in the audience.

Ultimately, it was great to see the culmination of O’s hard-work in an exciting performance.

4 thoughts on “Osamu bin Playin

1. I’m glad you enjoyed your experience. I might go to one concert next semester. But I don’t have an ear for music, so I wouldn’t be able to discern what is a weaker and stronger orchestra.

2. Great title. the performance was truly remarkable. Catching another concert with Justice and starting a standing ovation was truly memorable