rocky isn’t real

I had seen a couple Rocky movies with my dad a long time ago, and had for some reason thought Rocky was a real boxer. As a result, I thought Creed was also based on a true story, after briefly reading the movie description. After watching the first several minutes of Creed, however, I began to realize that Rocky and co. were fictional characters. I Googled this after the movie and found that Rocky was actually loosed based on a real person.

As for the movie itself, I thought it was well done. Although it had many of the elements of a generic athletic, underdog movie, it was still engaging. I’m not sure if the movie was directed by the same director who directed the Rocky series, or if all the Rocky movies were even made by the same person, but there were some parallels between Creed and the Rocky movies I had seen before. I also appreciated Sylvester Stallone’s participation in the movie, and he played the role of mentor to the main character well. I typically don’t go out of my way to watch movies out of my comfort zone, but I’m glad I watched this one.