Anticipation and Letdown

I was looking forward to attending the MLK Commemorative Lecture today. The lecture featured prominent activists who helped created #BlackLivesMatter. Given the impact of #BlackLivesMatter in todays society I was excited to hear the prospective of the creators. Was the reaction they have receive what they had expected? What would they have changed about their campaign with advantage of hindsight? What are the next steps? These are some of the questions that I had hoped to hear the answer to.

However, the lecture was full when the group of Rose Scholars arrived and they would not allow anyone into the lecture. Even after the staff let the crowd of people know that the building was full most people remained outside for upwards of 15 minutes. I think many other people were excited to hear the lecture and were simply in disbelief when they were not able to get in. I wish the lecture was in a larger venue, but I hope that everyone that got into the talk enjoyed it.

I heard that they were audio recording the event and I hope to listen when it is posted online.