Drawing is peaceful

I appreciated this Thanksgiving event as an escape from the stress of semi-finals. I ended up making my own drawings for the garland and it reminded how nice it is to just draw whatever I want with a pencil. Drawing used to be my biggest hobby so it was a pleasant feeling. I drew an intricate flower, a rose, and a Yin Yang symbol surrounded by flowers. I do like to draw flowers.

I also really enjoyed the conversation we had among the few of us in the virtual event. As we all made our garlands, we chatted about what we’re doing over Thanksgiving and how we’re doing this semester, and it was really really refreshing. It’s always nice to get to know new people with no pressure, and it was especially nice since we were all part of Rose Scholars, so I felt like I was getting closer to our community. I’m glad I attended this event, and GRF Sam is very nice to talk to!

One thought on “Drawing is peaceful

1. That’s very interesting! I used to love drawing when I was very little. Sadly I don’t do much art now, but it’s nice to see that it’s a relaxing activity for you