Interview with Professor Alabi and Professor Yapici

Listening to Professor Alabi and Professor Yapici was very insightful. I think after listening to Professor Alabi talk about how joining a lab in his undergraduate was his favorite part of college I might try some research. I also found Professor Yapici’s story about rats escaping and stealing all the food in her lab pretty funny. I used to think lab work was more for people that were solely focused on academia however after hearing about the two professor’s experiences, it sounds quite interesting. Overall, I found that professors can also be very relatable. Like many kids both Professor Alabi and Professor Yapici were huge soccer fans when they were young. I think sometimes professors may seem like they are super smart and unapproachable. However, they all went through the same experiences as most students when they were younger or during their undergrad. Professors are a resource that all students should take advantage of.

One thought on “Interview with Professor Alabi and Professor Yapici

1. Hearing you mention that bit about research reminded me that was something I was planning on doing but just haven’t yet. That story about rats sounds hilarious and I wish I was able to attend the Table Talk to hear about it. I agree that it can be easy to forget that professors are real people and sometimes are there to help. I definitely need to forge more connections with professors. This event sounded awesome.