Humanities is what lit up darkness

I love this series, it is such a good story, but it still breaks your heart on a Friday night. This episode started with the three volunteers walking into the unknown darkness. Strident noise from the detector tenses up the atmosphere and my heart. I was so impressed by their courage, all of me, from hair to toe, are so tensed up as they go, step by step, until they finally safely returned to applauses. And the firefighter’s wife, the second I saw her I had an ominous feeling. You know how disaster movies always have a pregnant woman to symbolize hope or to dramatize the conflict? I had that oh-oh when I saw her, and I was praying so hard for me to be wrong. Unfortunately, My feelings were right, she is pregnant. I watched her following her husband and talk to him, going into the barriers despite the advice of the nurse. Women stop! What are you doing! Listen to the nurse! I know you want to be with your love but what about your baby?! I was screaming inside, but I can’t blame her at all. I would’ve made the same choice, to die with my love and not to live alone. Individual human beings are so tiny and fragile in front of such disasters, but it’s these moments that humanities shine in us that makes us different.

One thought on “Humanities is what lit up darkness

1. I totally agree! It was so disheartening when we fond out her husband was about to die and she was indeed pregnant. I remember having the same reaction to the movie because although I can see why she would take the risk to be with her husband, I never understood how much she was risking.