Friday Film: Chernobyl: Episode 2 10/02/2020

After watching the second episode of Chernobyl, I was very intrigued by the parallels between the climate of Ukraine during the nuclear accident and the world today with COVID. During the pandemic there has been a heightened level of anxiety and physical changes to adjust to the outbreak of COVID -19. Since the virus is airborne and is not visible, just like the radiation, people are scared to contract the virus and there is little information towards how and why the virus develops the way it does. One aspect of the film that I was impressed by was the emphasis on women in leadership roles in an era where science was a predominantly male field. Although I enjoyed seeing women in the leadership role, I was surprised to see that there were many women working at the Chernobyl nuclear facility.

One thought on “Friday Film: Chernobyl: Episode 2 10/02/2020

1. It is interesting that at the hardest of times, the actions of our leaders are most important. It seems as though it is crucial to have leadership figures that are able to provide reassurance and exemplary behavior during hard times or else there is the risk of everything (figuratively and literally) collapsing.