The Smell of Great Coffee

So I don’t really enjoy black coffee.  I’m the girl you make fun of at Starbucks because I’m getting pumps of chocolate, vanilla, or whatever they have to add sugar to it.   The bitterness of black coffee is just too much for my tastebuds to handle and if I want to enjoy it I have to add sugar to mask it.

Though I can’t say I enjoyed the taste of gimme! coffee black on its own, I can say that I immediately could smell the difference between their coffee and just regular watered down coffee.  I had no idea that I could smell a cup of coffee and actually remind me of blueberries (I’m not joking one of their blends smelled just like a blueberry).  Each one’s smell was different and so much deeper and stronger than your average cup of coffee.  I bet I would’ve even tasted the difference even if I loaded it with cream and sugar.  I definitely want to go there in the future and give them a fair chance.  I’ll try not to pump some artificial flavoring syrup in there so that I can enjoy the natural flavors of their coffee, but I definitely need some sugar to enjoy it more.

One thought on “The Smell of Great Coffee

1. It was really cool how the coffee actually smelled like fruit! I always really like gimmes lattes and seasonal drinks even if they are not as sugary as starbucks drinks.