An Excursion to Ithaca Beer Co.

This afternoon, many Rose residents and I went to the Ithaca Beer Co. to learn about the process of brewing, storing, and packaging beer. It was a great opportunity to leave campus and learn about the creation of beer. We had a friendly tour guide who elaborated on the history of the brewery, showed us around, and allowed us to sample pumpkin-flavored beer and ginger beer at the end of the tour.

I learned that the company is expanding its facilities due to increased demand for its products. The company is constantly experimenting with new flavors, and it offers tastings and adjusts its ingredients based on people’s feedback. Brewing also starts at 4am each day and ends at 1am the next day. When the tour guide showed us the packaged beer, she said that approximately 5000 bottles appear on the production line each hour. I was surprised by this large number because there are only two people at the production line.

She also showed us a cooler with hundreds of kegs. Here is a photo:

All in all, I am so glad that I went to this Rose event! It was an enjoyable excursion, and I would really like to go back again to try the food.

.IMG_3495