Ceramics for all

Last Thursday at the Johnson museum there was a studio session. During the session we made the ceramic sculptures of our dreams. Once I found my way into the room there were rose scholars, RAs from CKB and my friend, who happened to be an assistant for the session in the room. At first I was frazzled from my walk to the Johnson and I was just trying to get settled in, then I was daunted by the task of creating something out of a brick of brown/red clay. I tried creating different things. At first it was a pot, mug, then a butterfly, but they just were not cutting it. Finally I came up with a sunflower of some sort and called it a day. The petals looked like hearts before I attached them but, anyway the clay was self drying so it did not have to go into the oven. A day after I made it I wanted to put it up in my room, but the flower did not make it. It fell apart and half the petals came off just like that. It was funny that the petals were the first thing to come off my ceramic “masterpiece” because in real life petals fall off when the end is near. IMG_0907IMG_0906

One thought on “Ceramics for all

1. Thanks for sharing photos of your finished work! It looks very nice and its interesting to read how what you were planning to create evolved as you worked.