Stress and Sesame Cake

I feel that stress is like a fly that just keeps getting in your face while you try to swat it away and eventually it disappears but somehow it always returns. So how does one deal with this beast? I usually prefer the self-destructive methods like banging my head on the wall or not sleeping but according to most people those methods aren’t exactly healthy.  After the most recent Rose-Becker Café, I was surprised to learn that there are indeed better methods out there.

The first one that impressed me was the idea of tackling your schedule a little bit at a time, I usually fill out my planner for the week on Monday and spend loads of time simply staring at all I have to do that week. Recently, I’ve decided to just take it one day at a time, which is easy to say but will still take some getting use to.

Next, is a thing called meditation, which I thought was just for people with loads of time on their hands and Kung-Fu masters who were preparing to kick some major ass. During the event we did a bit of meditation and I can honestly say that it did relax me for a bit. Not because my mind was clear but rather I focused on this weird African dude from a movie called Congo that was mad about people eating his sesame cake. Check it out: https://youtu.be/rObnAFr4qr4

stop_eating_my_sesame_cake_by_zergrex-d3g0xbb

That scene was so funny that it actually did put my mind at easy for a while. I’ll probably try meditation again in the future and even though I didn’t really use it correctly the first time, it still did the trick.

All in all, my guess is that life is only going to get more stressful so it’s good to learn some coping methods at this age.

One thought on “Stress and Sesame Cake

1. Yeah I’ve never thought that meditation would be something I would enjoy but after that session I feel like it is something I could try and do too!