Tips for Success On and Off the Court

I’m going to be honest and say that I didn’t decide to go to Cafe this week because I was interested in the topic. I decided to go because the time was convenient and I wanted to fit another event in before Spring Break. I thought the talk would focus exclusively on tennis players, and at best would stretch out to encompass all student athletes, which isn’t really something I can relate to or want to learn about. However, I was pleasantly surprised by Coach Tanasoiu’s advice, and found it to be applicable to not only tennis players or students, but to everyone, in all aspects of their lives.

Coach Tanasoiu essentially told us to take control of our lives, and be very deliberate with our actions. He reminded us that we cant let expectations overwhelm us, and that it is our responsibility to put a little effort in every day to make ourselves better. Perhaps the most important part of Coach Tanasoiu’s motivational speech was the part about time management. He talked about the crazy schedule the tennis team has, and how they have to use their time very precisely and exactly. They aren’t allowed to use lack of time as an excuse, and must learn how to manage their time effectively. This is something that I think everyone should learn, not just student athletes. The advice that Coach Tanasoiu gives his players is definitely sound, and should be followed by everyone.