An Inspiring Talk

On Wednesday night I attended the Rose Cafe to hear the career of the great tennis coach. He is originally from Romania and started playing tennis at a very young age. He came to Cornell in October 2011 as a guest coach.

The coach  started out talking about hard working and how to be very intentional with your time. I was very inspired by his point and how to balance different responsibilities. He went on to talking about looking for people excited for excellence and tennis. He also said that the school tennis team  is in fact supported by the alumni network.

Going on from there, he also mentioned that it is important to be nice yourself. He also touched on the importance of relationships and how he makes sure that he knows everyone on the team from top to bottom. I was very impressed by how international his team is. He mentioned this are people from Romania, Ecuador, Australia and one guy from England who is coming in the next year.

I am not in varsity team. But I once was in varsity selection for women rowing team. I learned through the process that a women rower trains as least two to four hours everyday and sometimes they start 5am in the morning. I was very impressed that those people could succeed in a very demanding schedule with a heavy academic workload. I was very inspired by their work-ethic and drive.

I think this talk is very inspiring and I learned more about sport spirit than tennis  itself. He lets me believe that athlete are very admirable people.