A tornado of Shakespeare

The Complete Works of Shakespeare (Abridged) [Revised] was absolutely brilliant. The actors were fantastic, and my stomach hurt from laughing so hard! I loved how the two plays that everyone knows (Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet) were both acted out in full, while all the others were written to be what most people think of them as – a blur of words and common plots. The acting felt real and intimate – they had great chemistry and were never boring. I loved how Shakespeare was expressed mostly in modern ideas. My favourite part was Hamlet backwards, with an appearance of Dracula saying “Blood your suck to want I!” And though I’m not usually one for audience participation, section C saying “Cut the crap Hamlet, my biological clock is ticking and I want babies now!” was  hilarious. (Ophelia had a great C section). The puns and the jokes were all hilarious and Jacob’s rendition of Hamlet’s final speech was simultaneously out of place and completely captivating. The play was such a pleasant surprise and I am so glad I went! (And you should all go it was so good).

One thought on “A tornado of Shakespeare

1. I wish I’d gotten to see this performance! I really appreciate that you included some direct quotes from the performance so I could enjoy at least a little bit of the fun! I heard this performance was hilarious and I’m glad to see that it was true.