Protect what’s important

I WAS SO GLAD I ATTENDED THIS INSPIRATIONAL EVENT. I was on the waitlist for the event, but my roommate and I decided to check out if there was any spot left. Turns out two people did not show up and both my roommate and I got to go to Banff Mountain Film and Book Festival at the end. The event is really unique because it is not a one-story documentary. It is a screening of multiple short videos filmed by individuals who went on incredible journeys. The one that struck me the most was the one about capturing the Eclipse at the Arctic. Many people may want to see the eclipse, but go all the way to the Arctic, one of the coldest places on earth? I guess not. But these motivational individuals from the film portray such great passion. They were not afraid of cold; they were not intimidated by the severe wind. They shared an estimate of two weeks to scout the best place for photographing the moment when the skier jumps right in front of the eclipse. They went through such a long and harsh journey but they managed to get a breath-taking picture of such a magnificent moment. It may be really cliche, but this reminded me how there is no limit to what we can do as long as we have the passion for it. All the short films propose the importance of protecting what we value, such as the environment and our passion. Nowadays, there are so many different stress in our society, but we shall not be afraid to protect what we value simply because of external stress. I am sure all of us can achieve our dream, promote our value as long as we want to and give our best!