No Peace, No Piece

Chi-raq was the story of two gangs, their rivalry, and how they settled the score to unite Chicago. While the movie was a tad unrealistic, the story line made it easy for the audience to understand the issues in Chicago. One thing I found very interesting about the movie was the way the people spoke. Unlike your average movie, they actors spoke in a rhythmic like way with rhymes at the end. I thought this was a very interesting thing to do because it changed the whole way you saw the movie. Lines would stick with the audience more than just your average dialect. This helped to get the audience thinking more about the words and what was going on. I found this extremely interesting and enjoyed this part of the movie.
Although I understand that this movie was meant to bring up issues and not necessarily solve them, I have a problem with how the women were portrayed. I appreciate that the women decided that they needed to take action to save the community that they are living in. but the fact that they do this by denying their boyfriends sex frustrated me. It appears that we have nothing to offer but our bodies, which should not be the case. In addition, the movie brought up a lot of different points that I think needed to be addressed, such as what is happening in Chicago at this moment. In the end, the women prevail and end up solving the violence. I think that the movie was a good approach to bring up a lot of issues that are relevant right now, but did not exactly solve anything.