A Chill Skating Rink

Like many of the people in Cornell, I was aware of the ice skating rink located on campus (Lynah Rink). It’s a funny story actually. I had only recently found out about the rink because I was ice skating back in my home town during the winter break, and I wanted to know if Ithaca had any ice skating rinks. So I found an ice skating rink in the Commons, and I was set on going there after the break and never thinking about it again, but I think I saw a link saying Cornell students can skate in an on-campus rink called Lynah Rink!!! I’m so glad that Rose House offered an event to go there because I don’t think I would be brave enough to go skating alone! It’s always nice to have a few familiar faces to ice skate with.

I also really enjoyed the beginner lessons portion. I’m not a particularly great ice skater, but I can move around a little. I just felt that having guidance readily available was such a safety net for me (and possibly many other Rose Scholar fellows) and I could rest assured knowing that if I wasn’t sure of something, it would be okay. Overall, I had an amazing time! I eventually became tired and went to get a late lunch. The only thing that I would have changed a little was the time. I thought that we might not have had enough time to digest our food before we went skating because many people might eat at 12 or 1pm. However, it worked out in the end, so I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. I hope there are other future events like this one!

iceskate2