Skating lesson!

A big thanks to Rose House for opening the ice rink to us yesterday afternoon! Ever since I found out we had a skating rink here on campus, I’ve wanted to go, but until now it seemed that class/homework/the walk to Lynah/my inability to ice skate prevented me from actually doing so. I am so glad I went! Caitlyn’s skating lesson was really helpful and I’m pleased to say that I did not spend the whole time clinging to the wall. That said, I can only skate forwards and very slowly (although slow is actually just fine, considering that I don’t know how to stop…). I also owe a thank you to my friends who held my hand so that I could get away from the wall in the first place. Hopefully I can manage another trip to the rink soon, and maybe next time I’ll learn to stop or skate backwards or something! Until then, I think I’ll just enjoy walking on solid ground.

2 thoughts on “Skating lesson!

1. It sounds like you had an awesome time Anna. I have absolutely no mobility when my feet hit the ice but reading about how you overcame the challenge to ice skate brings me hope that one day I may be brave enough to try it myself.

2. I’ve also really wanted to go after finding out about Lynah, but I never found the time either! I’m glad we both got the chance to go with all the people of Rose House 🙂